Friday, August 28, 2009

20 weeks

Dear Alexis,

20 weeks old. Technically, 5 months old. Where has the time gone?

You have really found your voice...and babble ALL the time. It's precious to hear you trying new sounds and stringing them together. Mommy took some video yesterday of you "talking" while you were eating your carrots. Oh yea, didn't I mention? You had carrots for the first time yesterday. You loved them...smacking your lips and licking them. It was SO funny to watch...yet so sad too. As I know you are growing up.

You also love to lay on your tummy and play "airplane". You arch your back and lift your head and arms, so it looks like you're flying. You entertain yourself for a longer stretch now as well. We can put you in your highchair with some toys and actually enjoy our dinner! We used to have to either scarf it down, or eat it cold, after we tended to you.

You have your first professional photo shoot on Sunday afternoon. I scheduled it for 12:30 as you are normally just waking up from a nap at noon...and you're always such a happy girl when you wake up. I hope you are in a good mood on Sunday and smile big for the camera!

It's been 8 weeks since mommy went back to work. And everyday is still a struggle. I find myself making excuses to work from home, so I can sneak in a snuggle or two during the day. It really refreshes me. Grandma is still here those days watching you...she takes you for walks in the buggy, to the playground to swing on the swings. And today, you get to go to lunch with Grandma and mommy's aunt. You're such a lucky girl. You have so many people who love you so very much. But none more than me.

I love you baby girl...for now, forever, for always.

Mommy

No comments: