Thursday, August 13, 2009

One year ago...

My daughter was conceived. On August 13, 2008, I went into my RE's office in downtown Chicago for my egg retrieval. 22 eggs were taken from me, 16 were mature. I would find out the next day that 4 had fertilized. One of those 4 is Lexi.

To say I'm in a different place today than I was a year ago is quite the understatement. My life has certainly changed...but so have I. I look at my daughter with wonder and excitement. 2 feelings I didn't feel very often a year ago.

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy creation day, Lexi!

JJ said...

What a great day to remember!

Denise said...

Amazing, isn't it?

Rotten said...

Crazy how so much can change in a year. Lexi is one lucky little girl. :)

Kate said...

This post means a lot to me. I got a positive PG test yesterday (but I've had two miscarriages this year) and its hard to visualize that there could be a future after IF and loss. Thanks for this sweet but simple post.