Friday, June 1, 2012

Where she asks "the" question.

Lexi has been very inquisitive lately...asking lots of questions.  Which is fine.  Until one caught me off guard. 

She asked me when she was going to get a brother or sister.

I had to fight to keep my composure as I told her that I didn't know as I tried to distract her with other things.  10 minutes later I was able to retreat into my bedroom and let the tears flow.  This was the question I had been dreading.  She LOVES playing with other kids and is ENTRANCED with babies.  It breaks my heart even more knowing I can't give her this.  Not because I don't want to...but because my body betrays me. 

4 comments:

Delenn said...

So sorry hon. [[Hugs]]

Familyofthree said...

I've been wondering when this would come up...hugs.

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear this. Have you ever considered adoption?

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate it. Miles has yet to ask this question, but a friend's dad asked me the other day. "So when's Miles getting a brother or sister?"

He's not.

KNIFE TO THE HEART.