Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Growing Up

Dear Lexi,

I've been meaning to write this post for quite awhile now...but can never seem to get my thoughts straight.  You are 28 months old...but you are wise beyond your 2 years.  I'm amazed by you everyday.  Where just a few months ago you were struggling to say any words, you now use 7 and 8 word sentences.  I'm constantly floored to hear you say things like "Don't bump my chair, I don't like it"...and wonder where this opinionated, intelligent little girl came from. 

You even seem to be able to recall that on Tuesdays, Daddy goes to play poker...and will ask him, on Tuesday, if he's going to go play.  You have so much of him in you...his love of cars has clearly been ingrained in you as you LOVE to play with cars, "drive" Daddy's car, and ask him to "go racing".  His love of soccer is also one you share.  You are a great kicker and will make a great forward someday.  But you love all sports...and will ask to watch a "bateball" game or a "ocky" game if we pass one during channel surfing. 

I can't tell you enough how proud I am to be your mommy.  I marvel at your newest abilities...am dumbfounded by your use of words I didn't know you knew...and my heart swells when I look at you. 

You will forever be my first born.  My baby.  I will love you no matter what. 

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet note. Isn't it amazing how fast they learn?