Friday, August 26, 2011

Ants

I hate bugs.  Bugs of all kinds creep me out.  So imagine how creeped out I am to know that I have ants in my house.  Simple sidewalk ants that you see in the summertime...but they.are.in.my.house.  EW!  I've managed to get rid of them on the first floor by using ant traps and some spray (under my baseboards) but they are upstairs in my office!  I have a bird...so they are after any and all seed that the bird drops on the floor.  I try to vacuum everyday...but there are still some seeds I don't get.  The ant traps aren't helping because the ants just crawl under them (I have carpet in my office).  Anyone with ideas on how to get rid of them, sans fumagating my house?  Ugh! 

2 comments:

juliane2004 said...

We had ants once, in our old place. We saw them about 5 days before we were moving out, and it was gross. I freaked out.

We found this bug killer powder that we poured all over the floors where they were (mostly in the kitchen and bathroom). I honestly don't remember what it was called, but the powder seemed to work.

We had a friend of ours rent that place after we left and he was there for 1 year. He never ever saw another ant.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Hate, hate, hate ants. We had an infestation right before Miles' party and I was freaking because they were congreagating in the kitchen. We had to get a pro out to put some top secret killer that they tracked back home.

And really, how did I not know you had a BIRD??