Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Follow up appointment

I had my follow up appointment today with my OBGYN...I'm "released" to return to normal activities. I had to snicker when he said that. What's normal? Certainly not life as I know it now...but I guess this is my new normal. I never in a million years would have ever thought I'd experience a miscarriage. That's something that happens to other people...not me. I have to admit...I was naive.

Anyway, he asked me how I felt about a future pregnancy. I told him I was scared to death. That on top of our lack of insurance coverage for meds. I would love to be pregnant again...love to have another baby. But right now, I'm just trying to get through today. DH and I agreed we wouldn't talk about any future baby plans until after the holidays. Maybe by the new year I'll be able to fathom trying again...that is, if we can find the funds.

For now, I'm happy and thankful for what I DO have in my life. A loving husband, a beautiful daughter, a supportive family, great friends...and all of you.

2 comments:

Nearlydawn said...

Sounds like you are at about the right place after what you just went through. Taking some time to assess is certainly good, you don't want to make those types of decisions with your heart in the shape it's in.

Hugs.

Rotten said...

I think that is a smart idea. Enjoy a wonderful holiday season looking through the eyes of an almost 2 year old. That has to make you smile. :)