Saturday, July 10, 2010

15 months old

Dearest Lexi,

Happy 15 months sweetie! You are getting to be such a little ham, er lady.

We took you to see the fireworks at Bicentennial Park on July 3rd. Last year you were way too little to enjoy them. This year you watched with wonder in your eyes. And mommy watched you with tears of happiness in my eyes. I was overcome with emotion as Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" belted over the loudspeakers...as I'm so proud to be your mommy. You make me so happy. I love watching you see new things and learn new things. It's almost as if I can see the wheels in your little head turning.

You aren't speaking real words yet, with the exception of "MAM". And it's said with gusto...especially when we have you "prisoner" in the family room and I'm in the kitchen. You stand at the gate yelling "MAM" and I yell back "YEA"...this exchange goes on until I come let you out.

You point at all the things you want. And you want everything.

One thing you've started to do that I don't like is hit. I'm not sure where you learned it since we don't hit...but when you're mad you will swat at our faces...you've even knocked mommy's glasses off. We sternly tell you that hitting is not acceptable, and you usually will start to cry. I know it's your frustration at not being able to express what you want...but hitting will NOT be tolerated.

Mommy loves you SO much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl!

Eek to the hitting. Wonder if she picked that up at daycare?