Tuesday, March 9, 2010

11 months - posted one day early.

Dear Alexis,

You are 11 months old today.  11 months!  I know I say this every month, but where has the time gone?  You're growing up before my eyes and seem to learn something new almost everyday!

Gone are the days of being able to put you in your swing and let you "hang out" while mommy cooks dinner, or uses the potty.  You want to be part of everything we do, and rightly so.  You are an important part of this family.

You are so close to walking.  SO CLOSE!  You will walk along with us, holding just one finger on one of our hands, while your other hand waves proudly at anyone you see.  You are left foot dominant when you walk...stepping forward with your left foot, then bringing up your right.  For that reason, Auntie calls you "Peg Leg".  LOL.

This next month is going to be so fun.  Not only is it a countdown to your first birthday, but you also have some fun things going on. 

You got a spot in swim class again, that starts this Saturday and goes for 8 weeks.  You love the class, and you love being in the water.  We're so happy about that, since Daddy and I love swimming as well. 

On the 20th, you will attend your first ever kids birthday party.  Your cousins, Emily and Sam, invited you!  Such fun!  Emily turns 7 this month, and Sam will be 4, guess when?  That's right!  You and Sam share a birthday! 

On the 27th, you are having breakfast with someone VERY special.  Can you guess who it is?  It's the Easter Bunny!  Mommy and Daddy will take you to the Bird Haven so that we can all have breakfast with this special "friend".  I can't wait.  I hope you are excited and not frightened.  It's hard to believe you will celebrate your second Easter before your first birthday!

I can never tell you enough how much I love you, Peanut.  You make me smile each and every time I see you.  I love how you flap your arms like a bird when you see me, your way of telling me to pick you up.  I love how your face lights up when you look my way.  I love that you started giving kisses, even if they are open mouthed!  I love how you pull on your hair when you're tired.  Or how you rub your whole face, just like mommy does when she's tired.  I love how you snuggle into the corner of your crib, with your head right against the bumper pad, almost as if you're trying to burrow into it.  I love walking into your room, and seeing you standing in your crib, waiting to be picked up.  I love how you love to love on your Tigger.

This blog, this online journal, was started as a means to vent my feelings about our trouble conceiving a baby.  It morphed into a pregnancy journal, and now into a journal of sorts for you, Lexi, my darling daughter.  If I should be gone tomorrow, I can only hope that you can read these words when you're older, and say with 100% certainty, Yes, My mom...she loved me.

I love you Peanut.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

s.e. said...

Even without reading these words, she will always know for certain how much you loved her.

Beautiful letter to a lucky girl.