Wednesday, February 10, 2010

10 months

Dear Alexis,

It's been 10 months since your birth.
10 months since you entered this world with the most amazing cry.
10 months since I held you in my arms for the very first time.
10 months since I cried hot happy tears of joy.

It seems like a lifetime ago. I can't remember what life was like before you came to us. Nor do I want to. You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy, when sky's are grey. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. We sing that song everynight just before you go to sleep. Mommy couldn't bear to sing the ABCs anymore, and this little diddy is so spot on.

You've mastered crawling this past month and are pulling up on everything and everyone. We've "taught" you how to get down safely off the couch (feet first) and you love climbing down and then raising your arms to get back up.

You're doing really well in swim class, I'm so proud of you. You don't cry in the water like some of the other babies and will willingly float on your back...something your teacher says most babies your age don't like to do.

Table foods remain a challenge...I think more for mommy than you. I'm so afraid you will choke on something that I don't offer you anything bigger than your windpipe...though I know I need to so that you learn to bite off small pieces. I know grandma works with you on that. I hope I won't become an overprotective momma...I want you to be able to explore and experience things for yourself...but I also want you safe. Daddy and I worked too hard to bring you into this world to see you harm yourself. I know bumps and bruises will happen, but if I can keep you safe, while still giving you your freedom, then that's the goal.

Your first birthday party is booked. It's so hard to comprehend that I only have one more "month" letter to write to you before you are a year. Where did the time go? I love you more than words can ever express.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

kimbosue said...

So sweet! I love your month letters.