Thursday, January 3, 2008

I'm a little late in doing my reflective post for 2007, but when it really came down to it, 2007 just was a bitch of a year for me and I really didn't want to reflect on it at all. 2007 found us undergoing our first IVF cycle, which left me emotionally devastated for months to come. So instead of reflecting, here are my plans for 2008:

- Attend yoga. I signed up for a free seminar through my clinic and if I enjoy it, I may have to find a regular class.
- Start 2nd IVF cycle. I have another consult with my new RE on the 16th of January to talk about next steps.
- Try acupuncture. Not for the IF, but for the relaxation. DH can attest, I've been one big bundle of stress and nerves the last few months and I can't seem to release any of it.
- Actually go to the gym. Both for the weight loss possibilities and the stress relief excersise is said to bring.
- Talk to DH more. I tend to not share with him exacting how I'm feeling because I feel that I'm adding to his stress, which then makes me feel guilty. I need to share more with him.
- Not stress. This one will be the hardest to achieve as I tend to take on alot and then stress over the pressure.

Hope everyone's holidays were bearable...here's to a new year.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Wishing the best for you in 2008. I do strongly suggest sharing as much as you can with you DH. I thought it would be bad and horrible and add more stress but what i got was compassion and grace.

I wish that for you and your DH's relationship in 2008!

Familyofthree said...

Best wishes for 08! We are a YEAR away from our 1st attempt at IVF...so I will live vicariously through you. Not only for that but the gym and the yoga too.

Angela said...

2007 was the year that sucked for sure. I am coming off the funk of a failed IVF, so I understand. I hope you get everything you wish for in 2008.