Tuesday, September 25, 2007

When rock stars get old...

they should just quit...instead of parading around on stage trying to convince themselves and their fans that they are still 30 years old. See I went to see Aerosmith last night. My first time seeing them in concert...and I was SOOO excited. Well, the show flat out SUCKED! Joan Jett and the Blackhearts opened the show, which wasn't too bad, but I'm not familiar with alot of her songs...only "I Love Rock N Roll"...which she played as I was waiting in line for the ladies room...but I digress. Aerosmith probably didn't come on until about 9:30 and the show was over by 11. The show had no energy...they played alot of stuff that people didn't know...and only a few of their big hits that everyone could sing along with. I've never been to concert were people actually SAT DOWN! It seemed like they were only doing the show out of obligation...see, they postponed the original date (9/10) and it felt like they didn't really want to be doing it...even though the place was SOLD OUT!

I understand that these guys are nearing 60 and can't be jumping around the stage like they did 30 years ago, but I at least thought I'd hear some awesome tunes...Steve Tyler barely even sang...alot of the songs were drawn out with alot of instrumentals...He only sang 1 verse of Sweet Emotion and then there was 10 minutes of Joe Perry strumming his guitar!

All in all I was extremely disappointed with the experience...Metallica put on a better show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry it wasn't all that you expected it to be.

Michael Evans said...

We saw the Police this summer. They were actually pretty good, but it was a similar crowd. People sat down for some of it (frankly, I appreciated it at one point), but when the band cranked it up, everyone was back on their feet. Sorry your experience wasn't better.

Anonymous said...

What a huge bummer! I loved Aerosmith but I think as much as I'd love to see them now, I'd probably avoid it for fear of disappointment.