Thursday, September 20, 2007

What do I talk about now?

First I want to say that Jenna received some pretty devastating news...please go see her and send your love.


As for me, the whole point of this blog was to capture our journey to being parents by way of IVF. Since cycling has been put on hold until at least next year, I'm not sure what I should use this blog for now. I don't want to abandon it, but I also don't want to bore my small audience with my mundane life routine. I'll have to see what new and exciting things I can begin to do to give me more to discuss.


For today I'll tell you about the party DH and I are throwing in a few weeks. DH and I were married October 5, 2005 in Maui, Hawaii. We swore we would throw an "at home reception" the following spring...well that was a bust since we put our house up for sale. Then we said we'd have a party on our first anniversary...that didn't work either since our house sold and our new house fell through and we were basically homeless for 2 months. (Seriously, we lived with my in laws and were so cramped we stayed out as long as we could at night).


So now we're coming up on our 2 year anniversary and we're finally throwing a shin dig. We invited 120 people to our brand new house on the 29th (Yikes, what was I thinking!) and so far 65 have accepted. We plan on having the bash in our backyard (we have a 1/2 acre) and are hoping and praying that our weatherman will keep any rain at bay. I can't imagine having almost 70 people crammed IN my house. The thought frightens me. But what scares me the most is that alot of these people don't know that DH and I have done one IVF cycle and are seeking ART treatments. I just know that we're going to be bombarded with questions about when we're going to have children. Want to know what my response will be? Well, depending on my mood it could range from "A baby will come to us when he/she is ready" to "Mind your own fucking business" I hope I'm in a good mood that day.



5 comments:

Sunny Jenny said...

Hey Amy - pretty wedding picture! You mentioned that you'd like me to e-mail you, I'd love to but I don't know your e-mail address! You can find mine on my profile!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy. I'm so happy to have your support.... well, I'm not actually happy at all, but maybe 'grateful' is more the word.

I appreciate that you would take the time to visit me and more appreciative that you mentioned me to your readers.

Thanks so much.

Delenn said...

Very nice picture! I hope the weather is good for your shin dig.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding picture! I hope that the party goes off without a hitch!

Denise said...

So, really I'm not stalking you. But thought I'd mention, DH and I also live in new construction and we lived with my parents for 2 months after selling our other house while waiting for this house to be built.