Monday, December 9, 2013

First "real" snowfall of the season

I say "real" because we've had dustings over the last few weeks that melted within a few hours.  Last night, however, we received our first substantial snowfall.  Roughly an inch...not much.  But enough that when the kiddo woke up this morning and saw it she immediately had to go play in it.  So what does this mama do?  Why I dressed her for school, put on her snowsuit and boots and let her have at it.  At 7am.  She came in for breakfast and happily went off to school. 

I've learned that it's the little things that mean the most to her.  The 10 minutes of snow time before school.  The 7 minutes of playground time at the mall.  The 5 minutes of looking at toys at the store.  The 3 minutes on the bungee bounce (I SO wish I could do this...but the weight limit is 150lbs).  These few minutes of letting her just be a kid.  They bring the biggest smiles to her face...and it reminds me to take these minutes more frequently.  Before she's all grown up and they are gone. 

1 comment:

Familyofthree said...

Something we all need to remember as Moms!