Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Having the conversation

It started as me asking him to please see a counselor on his own.  That I know things have been stressful and maybe he can vent to someone who can provide some perspective.  It quickly became a "bash Amy" session. 

He doesn't think he needs counseling...his stress comes from me and if I "fix" me his stress will go away.

I'm NOT broken

Seperation was brought up...not as a path to divorce, but as a means to "start over"

He says I'm selfish because my priorities are Lexi, Me, Him...in that order.  And not Lexi, Him, Me.  He thinks I should put him before myself.

Among other things, I've screwed him by making us go bankrupt, I'm a princess who gets angry when I don't get my way, and I haven't tried to make things work...even though he has.

He says he is willing to anything to save our marriage...can't imagine life without me...but yet he won't see the counselor?

My therapist says I'm easily manipulated and he's taking advantage of that. 

I'm so confused, hurt, angry, sad...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a therapist, but everything you've typed says he has accepted ZERO responsibility for any of his own actions and is putting them all on you.

As for the bankruptcy I don't know about your finances-but he signed off on every expenditure I'm sure-again, going back to personal accountability.

Finally--your priority should be YOU FIRST, then your child and THEN him. Same it should be HIM first, then Lexi, THEN YOU when in reverse.

I wish I had a magic wand of advice to help you.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Hang in there.

Photogrl said...

I have no advice, I'm just sorry that you're having to go through this.

Huge ((HUGS))!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I wish you weren't going through this. If you and L need some time, you are always welcome at my house. XOXO