Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tears

I did something today that I've been meaning to do for a few weeks now, but have been putting it off.

I packed away all the clothes Lexi has outgrown. As she was outgrowing things, we were just throwing them into a diaper box, but yesterday I went to Tarjay and bought some totes, and this morning, I went through everything, sorted by size, and folded them neatly into the totes. And cried as I did it. Seeing all the preemie and newborn sizes again...and my favorite duckie outfit...knowing my baby isn't my "peanut" anymore...got me all emotional. There are even clothes that she never got to wear (because they were the wrong season (6 month summer clothes etc)).

I'm hoping that my sister, or my best friend have girls whenever they decide to have children. I would love to be able to pass some of these things to them.

On another note, if you notice anything weird going on here, please be patient. I've decided to move to wordpress...I think. I'm going to try to import my posts over there and see what happens.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Uggh, it is so hard packing away their old clothes. Bittersweet. I've done it 3 times so far and it hasn't gotten any easier, but I'm still hopeful that it will!