Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Work day 2

It's my second day back at work...and I'm still trying to get all my access restored and get back into the swing of things. Needless to say, I don't have alot of work on my desk...which leaves me plenty of time to think about Lexi. I managed not to call at all yesterday, and I've only called once today. I just wish the clock would speed up a little so I can get home to see my angel!

On another note...can someone please tell me what the difference between "christening" and "baptism" is? I always thought they were one in the same, but someone told me they aren't?

3 comments:

Jendeis said...

Feel free to defer to an actual Christian on this, but as I learned, "christening" is just a naming of the child, while a "baptism" is the cleansing of Original Sin from the child and welcoming the child as a member of the church (and, in some churches, the appointment of the godparents, those responsible for the child's religious instruction and upbringing).

Jen said...

My priest told us it's the same thing, although DH will argue that it's difference. I havent been able to find anything saying it was different. But what do I know...

KimboSue said...

Ditto on Jendei's response although I think both of them are done in the Catholic church. I was raised Baptist and we did baby "dedications." More or less a blessing/prayer for the child's life.