Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Stupid people

Why do people insist on telling me that I need to relax and I will get pg? If it were that easy we'd have a whole soccer team by now!



Growing up, there were 4 of us girls who all went to school together and have known each other since kindergarden. Our parents are also friends. So this weekend was one of the girls (J's) father's 60th birthday party. J and her sister, G, both have kids...this I knew going in...didn't bother me. What bothered me was that our parent's sat there and passed pictures of their grandkids around. My poor mother (who knows our IVF woes) and one other mother didn't contribute to the picture parade. When my mom was asked if I had kids (right in front of me by the way, couldn't they just ask me) she said no, but that we were working on it.



In my pissed off state, I decided to chime in and say that we are seeking medical assistance...to which I get, from not one, but THREE people...oh just relax and it will happen...I know so and so was having issues and they did this and they got pg! UUGGHH I wanted to strangle them!! Why do people insist on putting their 2 cents in when it's not asked for or wanted?

6 comments:

SULLY said...

I don't know what was harder...being asked WHEN...or when they stopped asking...

The double edged sword...

Kami said...

Oh that's awful. I'm so sorry.

linda said...

People who dare to cite the "relax and it will happen" phrase to an IF woman deserve a good back-handing. Grrr....

Unknown said...

Ugh. For this exact reason, I have no wish to tell my family (except my momma) ANYTHING.

Anonymous said...

My response to that has always been, "Wow! Won't people with cancer be pleased to hear that you can cure a medical condition by relaxing??!"

That goes hand in hand with "just watch, as soon as you begin adoption proceedings/ART, you'll get pregnant."

~Carrie said...

Sure - just relax. I'm sure we would all rather be seeing doctors and going through all this rather than relaxing - the doctors are just so much more fun. Don't they realize that most people with IF *did* relax and nothing happened... which is when you start to worry and have a hard time relaxing?
I'm sorry you had that happen....