Friday, July 11, 2008

Arborists please help

Not sure what those people who know alot about trees are called...is it arborists or botanists? Anyway, I need help. DH and I planted a Little Leaf Linden in our backyard last fall...and the tree has been doing well. It's only about 8 - 10 feet tall at this point, but today I noticed that ALL the leaves are brown. And upon further inspection, their not just brown, but have little holes in all of them. This leads me to believe that my beloved tree has some kind of disease...can anyone tell me what would cause this and what I can do to keep my tree alive?

4 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Amy. I am not an arborist but I have a green thumb and a mean search engine. :) It sounds like you may have a pest. Lindens are not really acceptable to disease. See if you can find a bug either on the backside of the leaf or down the stem. If you do find a bug, clear the dead leaves and spray the tree. Hope that helps! Poor little guy.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I was thinking that the holes sounded like bugs too. I'd say call a service and have them check it out. I'm sure someone will know how to fix it.

Anonymous said...

I have a black thumb...but I was thinking the same thing...bugs...

Good luck finding the culprit.

Anonymous said...

Go to http:www.askthetreedoctor.com