Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nook

Jamie posted recently about her newly acquired toy...and I've been meaning to post about the same toy but kept forgetting.

Like Jamie, I got myself a Nook e-reader for Christmas. I had enough points through my Bank's debit card rewards program to get the basic Nook with 3G and Wi-Fi. It came right before Christmas...and let me tell you...I'm addicted. I LOVE IT. I'm a book worm, always have been. I love books, but I hate carrying them and hate storing them when I'm finished. I had gotten a Sony Reader for Christmas in 2009, but I had returned it because I didn't care for it and, let's face it, it was $300 I would rather not have spent. So when I realized I could get a Nook for nothing I couldn't pass that up (Hubs got his IPod this way in 2009).

I've read 8 books so far in less than a month. The Nookbook wish list is addicting and so easy to add to. I can just click through the B&N website and add books to my wish list, or buy them directly. And it only takes seconds to download the books to the device. I can even do it at work with the weak 3G signal I get in my building.

I also LOVE the idea of their "Lend Me" feature. It allows Nook readers to Lend books to one another for a week by simply sending them an email. Until Jamie posted, I didn't know anyone else with a Nook...but now that I do, I'm syked that I can Lend books to someone miles away.

Does anyone else have a Nook?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We bought my Dad the Nook Color for Christmas as we are both bookworms. I don't have one yet :( but hopefully will soon...maybe Mother's Day? I will let you know so we can swap books!
Did you know you can check out books from your local libraries as well?

Anonymous said...

We bought my Dad the Nook Color for Christmas as we are both bookworms. I don't have one yet :( but hopefully will soon...maybe Mother's Day? I will let you know so we can swap books!
Did you know you can check out books from your local libraries as well?

Jamie said...

Have you tried out the Lend Me feature yet? I need to do some investigating because I still don't know how it works.

If I figure it out you are welcome to borrow anything of mine!

JJ said...

Amy--I emailed Jamie to let her know I had a Nook-glad to know you have one too! I dont have any Lend Me books yet--looks like they are cutting down on the titles you can lend :( But Id love to keep in touch about our books!

Delenn said...

I have a Nook application on my Tablet. I wondered how the Lend Me thing worked...

I am currently reading Mel's book (Life From Scratch) and I have a Crock Pot cookbook on there.