Thursday, December 30, 2010

All things holidays

It's been a crazy week, and it's not even over yet. I'll start by saying Christmas was great. We spent Christmas Eve at the in-laws like we normally do. Lexi thoroughly enjoyed herself and only had one small meltdown at dinner. She wanted to sit on momma's lap, but we weren't letting her out of her booster chair. Bad momma! Anyway, she received wonderful gifts from DH's parents and his aunt. I must say, his aunt did spectacular...and she's not known for her gift giving skills (I got socks one year...men's socks)...but it's the thought right? But Lexi got this toy which she LOVES...and this toy which she equally loves from her. From her grandma she got this toy...which is WAY above her age level. The box says ages 6 and up...uuummmm...she's only 1. She also received another alphabet electronic toy, but I can't remember the name of it so I can't link it. But it's much like the Leap Fr0g one. When we came home, Lexi put out her cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer, and also a bottle of Coke (because Santa wanted Coke from her and not milk).



Christmas Day was spent at our house. I relished the look on her face as she came down the stairs and got her first glimpse of the presents under the tree. I took video, but can't figure out how to upload it, and I don't have any pictures...so you'll just have to believe me when I say it was priceless. Santa came again this year to visit her after he made all his deliveries...and she actually hugged him. It was an amazing day being with family.

Lexi's godfather, his son and his girlfriend, then drove in from PA on Monday to stay with us...though we didn't know he was coming under Monday morning. Needless to say, there was alot of rushing around to clean and change sheets before they arrived.

Tuesday we all went to see Jeff Dunham. Jeff-fa-fa Dun-HAM dot cooomm. If you've seen his show, you know what I'm referring to. I loved it. I'm reading his book now and while it's not the most cohesive book (he jumps around alot) it's a good read. I'm such a huge fan of his...and have been since before he was so well known.

Wednesday was spent at the in-laws in the evening. DH and our house guests went into the city to the Mag Mile and Navy Pier to see the Christmas displays.

Last night was the first night in 3 days I got to sleep in my own bed (since we gave up our room to our guests).

I'm excited about NYE. I'll have my New Year's post later.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that everyone enjoys their New Year and "plays safe".

No comments: