Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Update on EI services and a cloth diaper question

We had our intake interview with the service coordinator for Early Intervention for our state yesterday. Let's just say that I'm getting exactly what I'd expect from our cash strapped state...nada. The coordinator started the session by "informing" me that they don't DO feeding evaluations effective LAST WEEK. The state decided that feeding is a medical concern and not developmental...and therefore doesn't offer services. My thing? My child never DEVELOPED the ability to eat certain foods...so wouldn't that qualify as a developmental delay?

Whatever. Long story short...we've decided to private pay through Easter Seals. It's not that much (I say that now, but ask me again in a few months) at $25 per therapy session. It's all worth it in the end if it helps her. So the Easter Seals evaluation is the 29th.

*********************************

So all you cloth diaper mommas...how do you "store" your dirty diapers between washings? I have a wet bag and currently store them in there, but my laundry room is beginning to stink as well. Please help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if I commented already or not? I have read this post but keep forgetting to mark it as read in my reader....

Glad you are pursuing what's best for your baby girl. Even if it is out of pocket.

Got nothing on the cloth dipes...Ask HereWeGoAJen