Friday, August 28, 2009

One year ago...

I received the call that would forever change my life. It's so hard to believe that it's been one year since I had my blood drawn for that first beta. One year since I sat at this very desk in my home office....waiting for the phone to ring...willing it to ring. Jumping every time it did only to be disappointed to see a work colleague's number on caller ID. Finally, just before 3pm, the call came.

Me: Hello?
Nurse: May I speak to Amy please?
Me: This is she
Nurse: Congratulations your beta came back at 137
Me: Are you sure? Please make sure you're reading the right file...this would be a cruel joke
Nurse (laughing): I'm sure...you are pregnant.
Me (Crying hysterically): Oh my god!....

The rest of the conversation entailed the nurse scheduling me for a follow up beta and me babbling about not being able to believe it.

I'll never forget that call. It changed my life. It changed me. From that moment on, I was no longer "just" me. I was also a mom.

3 comments:

KimboSue said...

Just you...
Just Mamma...
Just Mom...
Just Mother..

Then best friend...

Then Grandma...

It is so amazing how one thing can change your life FOREVER!

A baby for Al? said...

Hi Amy,

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog, I really appreciate the support.

So happy that IVF worked for you! Your daughter is adorable and I hope you're loving being a Mom.

~Al

Fertilized said...

It's amazing how much life changes in a year, isn;t it