Thursday, March 26, 2009

34 weeks 1 day

Can I just say that I LOVE my OB? I don't particularly like the NP in his office, ok, I can't stand her...but I LOVE him. I had my 34 week appointment yesterday. BP was 124/70, a little high for me, baby's hr was 160, a little high for her. I gained 4 lbs, which puts me at +8 for the entire pregnancy so far. Typical appointment, except that my OB told me that since we've had a "premium" pregnancy, and he knows what we went through to get to this point, that he wants to start monitoring me every week. That way, if there is even a hint that something is off, he will deliver me. I almost started bawling right there...such a compassionate man. So next week, I will be put on the fetal monitor, have an AFI (amniotic fluid check), an internal cervical check and an ultrasound to gauge how big Baby Girl is at this point.

OH...and the best part...he gave me the ok to take Tylen0l PM for my pain at night...and guess what? I SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT LAST NIGHT! Fell asleep about 9:30ish and didn't wake up until my alarm buzzed at 4:30! My bladder felt like it was going to explode, but I actually slept through the night for the first time in like 6 months! I feel so good this morning! Like a new woman! It's amazing what good sleep can do for someones mental state!

After my appointment yesterday, DH and I went for our closing on the refinance we did on our house. We originally did an 80/15/5 loan (1 loan for 80%, 1 for 15% and 5% down) when we bought our house 2 years ago. The loan on the 15% was a 15 year balloon at 9%...the other was a conventional 30 year fixed. Well, we were able to combine the 2 loans into one at a 5.125% rate. We'll be saving roughly $300 a month. And we don't have to worry about the balloon payment anymore since that is gone. I was VERY happy.

Let's see...what else...oh yea...DH and I went to BRU to pick up things off our registry that we didn't get at our shower. I was really surprised that no one bought us sheets! Luckily BRU had Buy one get one 50% off...so we picked up 4 sheets (I know we'll need more), we also picked up our changing pad, changing pad covers, sheet savers, our diaper bag, and bottles that "mimic the breast". The only things we really need are the mattress for the crib...BRU seems to always be out...and extra car seat bases. My mom is going to come over on Sunday to help me sort through the mountain of clothes we received...some are just not practical to keep (sweat suits in size 0-3 months for example)...others I'm not sure on. Oh yea! We also need to get our highchair. DH and I really love this one and this one. DH's mom and dad had bought us one, but we're going to return it and put the money towards one of those....we think.

I think that's about all for now...

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I only have three sheets and probably only need two of them, but Elizabeth isn't very leaky. And we got our crib mattress at Target, if you want to try another store.

Sleeping through the night? What's that like? I cannot remember. :)