Friday, July 3, 2009

12 weeks

Today is the day I have been dreading since my water broke...my official "return to work" day. I've managed to postpone going back by taking a vacation day today. But I can't put it off any longer. I know this is my last weekend at home with her. My eyes well with tears at the thought of leaving her on Monday. These last 12 weeks, while rittled with frustration, have been the best 12 weeks of my life. Watching Lexi blossom, seeing her explore and experience things for the first time, has been priceless. She's smiling all the time now, and even starting to laugh...she makes the face, but not much sound comes out yet. I'm so happy that I got to see those things, as I know I will miss many of her firsts...rolling over, crawling, etc. While I can hope she will wait to do those things while I'm home, realisticly I know she probably won't.

On a lighter note, we've moved Lexi into her room. She has slept in her crib the last 2 nights. We're also starting to get a nighttime routine down. She gets her bath around 9 or 9:30, then a bottle, then to bed. She's been in bed by 10:15 both nights, and slept until 2:15 or 2:30...got another bottle and went right back to sleep. This is good news for us, as she was still getting up every 2 - 3 hours. I can only hope that this sleep pattern continues.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard it said...

"It's not officially a first until YOU see it"

So the first time she really laughs won't be the first time until YOU hear it...

Rotten said...

She is such a cutie! Sounds like she is giving you a little bit more much needed sleep before you head back to work. I am sure she will miss you just as much as you miss her and will be all smiles and giggles when you get home each night.

KimboSue said...

Ditto Betty Rubble. I am going with the same mantra for my little man. He too is "This close" to laughing and I cannot wait to hear it for the first time.

Being back at work sucks big donkey balls, but knowing you get to see that little precious face at the end of the day makes the day go by so much faster.

s.e. said...

Wow she is getting so big! I hope today was easier than you imagined.

And a little advise...suggest to your daycare provider not to share the "firsts" so you will never truly know. A little ignorance could give you much bliss.