Wednesday, December 17, 2008

20 weeks...we're halfway there!

Today was my 20 week appointment. My bp was normal at 108/70...I've not gained a pound yet...still holding steady at the same weight from 4 weeks ago! Big plus for me since I'm already a plus sized gal. No u/s today, but we did hear the baby's heartbeat. It was a glorious sound. I'm always SO nervous before an appointment...afraid that there won't be a h/b. We listened for awhile and kept hearing what I can only describe as moving a needle across a record on a record player. The OB said that was the baby moving. And boy was baby moving alot! I guess the OJ I drank before my appointment got into his/her blood stream! But h/b was good...didn't ask for a bpm...just glad to have heard it.

The big news...we will find out on New Years Eve what sex the baby is? Any guesses?

4 comments:

docgrumbles said...

Hooray for hb! I guess girl, just because that is my default guess.

JJ said...

Happy Half Way!

KimboSue said...

Happy 20 weeks!
Happy Halfway!
Merry Christmas!
Happy Gender Hunting!
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO on 20 weeks. Its going SUPER fast--at least from my perspective!

I am going to say for as easy as a pregnancy as you have had that you are having a BOY!