Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yesterday's freak out

Yesterday, I woke up at my usual time...went into the bathroom to do the deed and what do I see? Blood. I sat on the commode and just started shaking. Saying to myself, I can't believe this is happening. I proceeded to get back into bed with DH and told him what was going on...and burst into tears. Now, in my mind, I knew that spotting was common in the 1st trimester and that this was nothing to worry about. But carry over my irrational self from the day before and you get complete meltdown. When the RE's office finally opened 2 hours later, I called, and of course was told what my mind already knew. I didn't have any cramping and the spotting had since tapered off since the first morning wipe. Needless to say, I didn't take any chances and spent the day on the couch, having called in sick to work.

I wanted pg symptoms...I guess I got one.

7 comments:

When Two Becomes Five said...

I'm a new reader to your blog and let me tell you that spotting is scary and very normal for me and my pregnancies. Had spotting in my first trimesters with each pregnancy until I was about 6-8 weeks. My doctor always did an u/s to check everything out. If you want to put your mind at ease you should call your doctor and request one. But spotting can be VERY NORMAL for some women! You're doing the right thing by taking it easy. My doctor always told me no sex, exercise or any lifting or strenuous activities until the last spotting had ended for 2 full weeks.

Another Julia said...

Delurking to tell you that I spotted for 14 weeks (really, and it was a lot) after IVF/ICSI in 2002. It was really, really hard...but my son is five now, and the rest of the pregnancy and delivery went perfectly. I hope for the same for you. My RE's nurse told me that IVF moms spot, spot, spot....hope it clears up soon!

Mazzy said...

Poor Girl!!!!!!
I had 2 majorly scary spotting episodes during weeks 6-8 and I have to say there is nothing more unnerving. I cried and told myself to accept it was over both times. I am so sorry for the scare, but SO thankful it is tapering off and it doesn't appear to be anything serious.
Thinking of you and sending love your way. Try to stay positive.
*hugs*

HereWeGoAJen said...

I had bright red bleeding too, in the early stages. Everything was fine. All sorts of things can cause it. Mine was placenta previa. (Which we didn't find out until weeks later.)

But, your doctor's office should offer you an ultrasound for your own peace of mind. Want me to call them for you and get you one?

Jendeis said...

I'm so sorry for the scare; glad that it wasn't anything bad. :)

Chelle said...

Hang in there! That must be terribly scary. I am hoping you have some symptoms soon.. GO throw up will ya!?

((HUGS))

Grandma Honey said...

Try to keep in mind, too, that some women don't have pregnancy symptoms and all is well.