Monday, March 17, 2008

Spotting...maybe TMI

So we've not engaged in any cycling since last year...my last AF was 2/29 and ended on 3/4. Why then did I have cramping and brownish spotting on Saturday? I had been cleaning the house and when I finished I sat down on the couch. It was then that I started feeling...like I was getting my period. You know the feeling. I also felt like I was "dripping" for lack of a better term. So I went to the bathroom and sure enough, there was brown spotting. I had one streak of red. I have not had any further spotting since Saturday. Very weird. Anyone have mid cycle spotting? If so, what caused it? If you know.

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I always have mid cycle spotting. I was at my doctor once for my annual and had it then. So she looked at it under a microscope and said that it was all old blood. She claims that it is from trauma to the cervix during sex, but didn't listen when I told her it happens at the same time every cycle, regardless of sex. I plan to have it checked out by a different doctor at some point.

Denise said...

I've had this happen before, but not frequently. I think I read somewhere that some women spot around the time of ovulation.

Morgan said...

Hey, Amy. I had some spotting pre-AF when I was on BCPs. I've gotten it a couple times since, and like you...I don't know what causes it. If you find out, let me know.