Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy First Birthday Peanut!

Dearest Lexi,



Happy 1st Birthday! I don't even know how to begin to write you this letter, as it's one I never thought I'd get to write. Sure, all the other monthly letters were no problem...updates on what you've been doing and milestones you're reaching...but there's something about a first birthday. Something special.



I know it sounds silly, but I've been thinking of this day for SO long. Not only does it mark your place in history, but it also closes a small chapter in our lives. You are no longer a "baby" and have moved into "toddlerhood". And that makes me both extremly sad and happy. Sad because gone are the days of snuggling on the couch and you letting me hold you to my heart's desire. Happy because you are growing into a beautiful, outgoing, well mannered little girl. And that makes my heart swell with pride.




You're so close to walking independently, and took your first 2 steps alone on Wednesday. Mommy was there to see them. One of the things I've been so afraid of, peanut, is missing out on all your "firsts" since I'm working. And I have missed quite a few...but these first steps, confirmed with grandma that you didn't do it before, I was there. I saw them with my own eyes. I saw the smile on your face as you took those steps...unsteady as they were. And tears came to my eyes. Just as they are now, as I type this.

As we close this first chapter of your life, I'm excited to begin the next one. You are my everything. I love you more than I could ever say.

Happy 1st Birthday Alexis Marie.

Love always,

Mommy

6 comments:

Rotten said...

Those curls kill me. :) Happy birthday sweet little girl. It's pretty crazy how fast the year went huh?

Mazzy said...

Happy birthday, sweet baby girl! Cannot wait to see party pictures!

Shelli said...

Happy 1st Birthday Lexi!

kimbosue said...

Happy Birthday baby girl! Though a baby, you are no more! The curls are PRECIOUS!

s.e. said...

Wiping away a sweet tear. So glad you had the chance to write this letter.

Photogrl said...

Happy birthday, Lexi!

LOVE the curls and your beautiful smile!