Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Yet another doc tells me I'm "damaged"

I went to see a chiropractor last night, for reasons that I stated in my previous post. I've never been to a chiro and didn't know what to expect, but I can tell you I didn't expect to be told that I'm damaged! I spent an hour with Dr C, a little woman about 5'2", maybe 100lbs soaking wet. She had me lay on the table and she examined my spine, pointing out that the place I was the most damaged, in my middle back, has nerves that connect to my uterus and ovaries and did I have painful periods or any reproductive issues? Um yes. So now I'm infertile because my back is jacked up? Come on, I may be naive, but I'm not sure I believe that one...but who knows. She also did a thermal scan and took x-rays. She told me my head tilts to the right and is slightly turned to the right, my right shoulder is higher than my left, one of my hips (can't remember which one) is higher than the other, and I don't carry my weight evenly on both feet...my left side carries 5lbs more than my right. Basically, my spine is all out of whack...so I go back tonight to discuss treatment options (how often etc). I never realized that the pain I had in my back could be anything except stress and tension...after last night I've changed my mind.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I was going to post that some infertiltiy has been related to back pain last night but i was afraid to. and I know good and well that you do not want to hear stories of women going to chiropractor and then end up having babies..it sounds like another adoption = pregnancy myth. but if you are interested in some scientific facts - I will be happy to email you about it. Good Luck at your appointment tonight

Anonymous said...

My chiro says that all your nerves in your back relate to something else in your body - that if you have horrible digestion issues, there is probably something "stuck" or out of alignment. Go for it - it cant hurt and will make you feel so much better!! And maybe even you'll get lucky and have your fertility issues helped too!!

Familyofthree said...

Hmm, I wonder if she dables in any accupuncture and things that she would state the nerves may effect fertility?

I shall be interested in watching this play out!

Anonymous said...

Interesting... I hope she can help you.