Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Modeling

On a whim, I submitted the below photo of Lexi to a child's talent agency in our city via their website. 



Their site said I would be contacted via email if they are interested in meeting her.  That was 5 weeks ago.  This morning, I pulled up my email to find an email from the talent agency.  It was basically asking for confirmation that we hadn't been signed with another agency and that we were still interested. 

Last time I submitted her photo to this agency, when she was 12 weeks old, I got the standard "thanks for your submission, but no thanks" reply.  So I'm not sure what to make of this email.  I replied back that no, we haven't signed with anyone else, and yes, we're still interested. 

I don't want Lexi to become one of those "toddler and tiara" kids.  I want her to be a regular kid.  I'd only go for print work and things that wouldn't interfere with school.  This agency works with K0hls alot, so those pictures in the K0hls papers you see of the kids...yea, those come from this agency.  It would be nice to pad her college fund.

What are your thoughts on child modeling?  Would you let your kid?

3 comments:

Samantha said...

My friend's two sons both do print and they are right around Lexi's age. They LOVE it and it's not much work at all. My friend says she will continue to do it until they don't want to anymore, but for now, they love it!

Anonymous said...

I think as long as you are only doing it if she wants to, and you're not holding her down glueing eyelashes to her, or taking her for spraytans, etc, have fun with it!! She is a cutie and she'd probably do great!! Good luck!!

Queenie. . . said...

I think it's a good way to pad the college fund, too. As long as she's fine with it, why not?