Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Too long

I've been noticeably MIA from this blog over the last few weeks. I've been so consumed with a bunch of different things that I neglected this blog. My apologies.

First up, I've been "out of work" since February 25th. I gave my notice to my employer, and since I'm going to a competitor, I was walked out. No big deal. I've had a two week paid vacation that I wasn't expecting. I start my new job on Monday. I'm excited and nervous. I will be working out of my house. I've received my blackberry, but not my PC yet. I hope it comes before the weekend so I can get it setup.

So because I'll be working from home, I've been trying to organize my office. The office was the one room in the house that didn't have any window coverings (we never really used it) so I went and purchased blinds to match the rest of the house. I also had to get a lateral file cabinet to store all my work papers in as well as a new desk chair. I've had a second phone line installed and everything is ready to go...just waiting on the rest of my equipment.

I've also been spending alot of time with Lexi. We're planning her birthday party for April 3rd...so I've been gathering Abby Cadabby decorations and planning the menu. I've ordered a kitchen set for her. It's the KidKraft Vintage Set in Bubblegum Pink. Yes, I ordered the brightest pink imaginable...but I know she'll love it. We did site to store shipping and it was delivered to the store this morning...so I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow or Friday. YAY!

Lexi also got a big girl bed...well, she's had the bed, we just put it in her room. She's still sleeping in her crib. I don't think she's ready yet. She loves her crib. We bought her new bedding and everything, but she still wants her crib. So, I'm in no rush to switch her. The empty bed sits in her room. She'll sleep in it when she's ready.

We've also digressed on our potty training. She's in a stage right now where everything has to be HER way. And right now, HER way does NOT involve the potty. So she's back in diapers. We'll try again in a week or so and see if she's changed her mind.

I think that's about it for now. I promise I won't let weeks go by until my next post.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is so exciting about your new job! The flexibility of working from home with a toddler is such a blessing.

I'm not looking forward to the potty training phase. I hope you have better luck next week!