Thursday, October 18, 2007

Enlightenment? No, just positive thoughts.

In my last post, I talked about the 3 wonderful ladies in my cycle group who all have gotten their BFP's. Well, as I've been catching up on my blog reading, I learned that some of my fellow bloggers have gotten their BFP's as well. Initially, I wasn't sure how I felt about all these BFP's happening around me when DH and I are stuck in cycle limbo. The more I thought about it, the more I've realized how genuinely happy I am for these women who have suffered the perils of infertility just like I have. Why shouldn't I be happy for them? The only obvious reason I could come up with was "They have what I want". But that's not reason enough to begrudge someone the happiness that I long for. I'm not "that" kind of person.
While I know that positive thinking isn't going to get me pregnant, I also know that negative thinking is not good for the psyche. So I'm going to try to throw out the "Why them and not me?" attitude and focus instead on all the happiness I do have in my life...I have a wonderful, loving DH who would part the seas for me if he could and whom I love more than anything in this world...I have a fulfilling job that keeps my brain active and alert (not to mention pays the bills)...I have a beautiful home and great neighbors...I have a sweet and adorable 17 month old godson whom I love to death...I have a playful dog ...supportive friends.... I know that ONE day, we WILL have the baby that we yearn for.
I have to take things one day at a time...each day that passes is one closer to my dream fulfilled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to be the last one standing. Thining of you honey. I hope that you don't have to wait much longer.

AwkwardMoments said...

Did you write this post for me? ... I am going to re-read it a few times and try to get this Novel idea through my Numbskull of a brain