Friday, August 24, 2007

I wonder...

I wonder what it will be like to see those 2 pink lines
I wonder what it will feel like to first know you are there, growing big & strong inside me
I wonder if I will cry out with joy when I first hear your heartbeat...this I can guarantee
I wonder when I'll first get to feel you move and kick...where will I be?
I wonder if you will look like me, or like your daddy, or like whomever first gives you life
I wonder about your birthday and cry when I think of how happy I will be when you are laid upon my chest.
I wonder when I will be able to hold you in my arms and inhale your sweet baby scent
I wonder when I'll be able to look into your eyes and see your sweet smile

I wonder when you will decide to come into our lives...we think of you often...

4 comments:

Kami said...

I was doing ok until this line:

I wonder about your birthday and cry when I think of how happy I will be when you are laid upon my chest.

Then the tears came. A lovely post. I am doing DE for the first time and trying to recapture an image of having my Someday baby. This image helps make it seem real again. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Not sure if this is reassuring or painful. I feel like you are maybe feeling a bit of both.

I wonder the same things and one day I'd like to stop wondering about the moments and begin living them!

Anonymous said...

that was so beautiful. i literally have tears running down my cheeks. bless you.

Erika said...

I wonder each of these things mysef. Beautifullly written.

Now I wonder since it's a few years later and you've experienced many of these things how you feel about this post.