Friday, February 4, 2011

When it rains...

Last Wednesday (the 26th) I applied for 2 jobs. Both at national banks. On Wednesday afternoon, I received an email from Bank1 wanting to setup an initial phone interview on Friday. On Thursday, I received a phone call from Bank2, wanting to setup an initial phone interview on Friday.

I had both interviews on Friday. They both went well.

On Monday, I received a call from Bank2 wanting to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. I returned her call on Tuesday and the interview was setup for Wednesday.

The interview went VERY well.

On Thursday, I received an email from the hiring manager saying he wanted to have the recruiter setup 2 phone meetings with 2 people on his team that I would be supporting. I said that would be wonderful. (still waiting to set those up)

On Thursday afternoon, I received an email from Bank1 saying they wanted to setup in person interviews with 2 of their regional managers on the 15th of February. Those are scheduled.

Today, I get a phone call from my manager, saying he was approached by a manager in another department about talking to me and seeing if I was interested in moving areas. Would I talk to said manager. Sure...meeting scheduled for 3pm Tuesday the 8th.

OMG. I hope I can keep all these people straight.

Bank1 - pay is about 5K more a year. Working in an office downtown. Would still have 2 hour commute.
Bank2 - pay is about 5k more a year. Working exclusively from home. No commute.
Current employer - have no idea yet what they are thinking about...

I'm absolutely floored. I feel so lucky to even get these interviews...nevermind how fast they are coming. I don't NEED a new job. Don't get me wrong, I would love a pay increase and the work from home perk...but I have a job. I know how lucky I am to be in a position to have options. I feel so absolutely floored.

7 comments:

Pookey and Me,,, said...

It never hurts to keep your options open!

You go girl!!!

Unknown said...

Such great news! The option to work from home (especially for more money!) seems nice to have. Good luck!

Jamie said...

I am so excited for you!! Good luck!!

apluseffort said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! You're in my reader too, but I'm not good about commenting. (I'm trying to get better!) Good luck with the job situation!

Anonymous said...

HOORAH!

Not to rain on your parade...but as you know from my husband's experience....working from home is not all it's cracked up to be. Just sayin'.

Love that you are so wanted!

andrea said...

exciting!!!!

work from home = freaking hard work! (worth it to me, but still, HARD)

Mazzy said...

That's such great news! Congratulations on the possibilities!!!!

We both work from home and it is a great blessing. I don't think I'd trade the set up for the world. Will have my fingers crossed for you, sweetie!