Monday, November 24, 2008

The Turkey is in...

I purchased my bird last Friday afternoon for this Thursday's gorge fest. The lucky guy weighs a little over 19 pounds and spent the weekend in a cooler on my patio (no room in the freezer) so the dogs couldn't play with him. He now resides in my frig...slowly thawing...waiting for Wednesday night when he'll have a 12 hour bath of salt water and other seasonings.



I've had Thanksgiving dinner at my house for the last 3 years...this will be number 4. And I love doing it every year. It's nice to have the family over, knowing that DH and I don't have to rush off to another family meal soon after eating as we did in years past. I get a great satisfaction out of preparing this large meal, with sides reserved for holidays only. This year is even more special, knowing that Lucky is "with us". I'm ever Thankful for these last 16 weeks. Getting this far has always seemed like a dream to me, something other people had, something I would never have. Next year, I may have a 7 month old wanting my attention while I'm stirring the gravy...and I'm ever thankful for that dream as well. As each week passes, it's one more week to be thankful for, and one more week closer to meeting and holding Lucky.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, big bird!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I've refused to buy a turkey this year so far. Matt is pouting and I've agreed that if I am still pregnant on Thanksgiving morning, he can go out and buy one. :) Otherwise, I shall be living vicariously through all of you, so make sure yours is good.

AwkwardMoments said...

Go you brave girl!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy blogoversary!