Friday, September 14, 2012

Finished

I've posted before that I wanted to make a quilt out of Lexi's baby clothes...but I wanted to practice before I started cutting up those precious itty bitties.  So I started about 3 weeks ago and made a small quilt.  It's about 32" x 32" and is the perfect size for a tummy time mat.  This will be given to a pregnant friend of mine.  I have to say, I think it turned out wonderfully!  There are obvious visibile mistakes, but it's my first time doing ANY kind of sewing project more laborsome than sewing on a button.  If I could go back and do things different...I would have made sure my seams were spot on...I didn't realize how much a 1/4 inch can throw things off.  I also would have used purple thread to quilt it instead of the white.  But in all, I'm proud of it. 

I have one more practice quilt for another pregnant friend.  Then I MIGHT be brave enough to cut up Lexi's clothes. 




No comments: